Saari Development

This blog is intended to be a log of my (Ali Rizvi's) professional ramblings as a software development engineer. I intend to add logs of my experience with different technologies, software, tech books/articles and related stuff from time to time. My intention is to have an archive for my personal use and public benefit.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Vim: xml and html auto tag completion

Downloaded the ftplugin from here:

http://tritarget.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xmledit/ftplugin/xml.vim (pointed to by here: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=301)

copied the file to ~/.vim/ftplugin/xml.vim

at this point XML completion works (.xml files) but html does not.

once the plugin was triggered and installed witha deleteme.xml file, I followed the instruction at did this:
:help xml-plugin-html

I copy pasted the html.vim file in the help to a new file:
~/.vim/ftplugin/html.vim

and then loaded my rhtml (or any html file that autocmds to filetype html) and the plugin started working

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home